- Tucker Carlson has interviewed Thomas Caldwell 3 times because January 6.
- Caldwell has been indicted on charges of seditious conspiracy and faces up to 20 years in jail.
- Caldwell structured the Oath Keepers’ speedy response force teams, in accordance to an unsealed indictment.
Due to the fact the Capitol insurrection, Fox Information commentator Tucker Carlson has frequently interviewed Thomas Caldwell, who was indicted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation on Thursday on costs of seditious conspiracy for his position in coordinating the Oath Keepers’ attack, Media Matters documented.
Caldwell 1st joined “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in October 2021. Throughout his visual appeal, he mentioned he hardly ever entered the Capitol and was not part of the Oath Keepers, a significantly-suitable, anti-authorities paramilitary business, in accordance to Media Issues.
An FBI affidavit from January 2021 disclosed the extent of Caldwell’s participation in the insurrection via data gathered from his Facebook account.
“Us storming the castle. You should share. Sharon was ideal with me! I am these an instigator! She was all set for it male! Failed to even brain the tear gasoline,” Caldwell said in a Fb message on the evening of January 6. “We will need to do this at the neighborhood degree. Allows storm the capitol in Ohio. Notify me when!”
The affidavit also bundled numerous messages exchanged concerning Caldwell and two other individuals accused of being his co-conspirators in the months primary up to January 6, which includes:
- “Driving in with my wife from Berryville VA but am soending night time ahead of at Convenience Inn Arlington/Ballston on Glebe Street. Conference up with Oathkeepers from North Carolina and Patriot team from the Shenandoah Valley.”
- “This is a superior place and would make it possible for us to hunt at night if we preferred to. I really don’t know if Stewie has even gotten out his connect with to arms but its a small friggin late. This is 1 we are executing on our have. We will website link up with the north carolina crew.”
- “Paul has a place and is bringing anyone. He will be the speedy response force. Its likely to be cold. We have to have a position to shell out the night time in advance of least.”
In the following months, Carlson ongoing to push a “untrue flag” narrative about the insurrection and interviewed Caldwell two times extra on his Fox reveals, as soon as in November and again this earlier Thursday, next Caldwell’s indictment by the FBI.
In accordance to the indictment, Caldwell was a single of the coordinators of the Oath Keepers’ swift reaction power teams on January 6, readying members to swiftly transportation stockpiled firearms into Washington, DC, “in assistance of operations aimed at employing force to prevent the lawful transfer of presidential energy.”
The indictment reported Caldwell sent a text message on January 2 seeking out boats to ferry weapons across the Potomac River.
“If we had someone standing by at a dock ramp (1 close to the Pentagon for positive) we could have our Fast Response Crew with the major weapons standing by, speedily load them and ferry them across the river to our ready arms,” Caldwell explained, according to the indictment.
If convicted, Caldwell faces up to 20 a long time in jail less than the demand of seditious conspiracy, the Section of Justice explained in a press release.